On this page, you will find a representative assortment of yacht types to choose from. Please fill in the Charter Search for more information and to customize your charter experience especially for you.
There is no additional charge to use Slip Aweigh Charters as your bareboat booking agency. All fees are paid by the companies directly to us as part of their commitment to charter brokers such as Slip Aweigh. All proffered published specials will be passed on to you. You can use our long time expertise in the waters of the Caribbean and pay no additional fees whatsoever. What the companies offer, we offer, nothing more or less.
We have chosen some selected companies based on their track records, client’s reviews, long term presence in the market and their ability to respond when needed.
Bareboat yachts are available throughout much of the Caribbean in popular cruising areas. St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Western Caribbean i.e. Belize, St. Maarten, and the Bahamas and more all offer Bareboating opportunities.
Some additional information is below.
- In order to qualify to run your own chartered Bareboat, you or a member of your party must have a boating resume’ reviewed and approved by the company representing the yacht. If there is any question about your ability to run the yacht, you can opt to have a Skipper supplied for a part or all of your charter term. If you feel a bit uncomfortable having not chartered in a given area before, the Skipper option is a perfect way to go to set you at ease. This is at an additional charge and you must supply a private cabin for the Skipper along with provisions and beverages.
- Bareboat yachting companies usually have a 5 night minimum, from noon to noon.
- Pricing and mandatory extras will vary and are specific to the area in which the charter occurs.
- All accommodations will vary too. Please provide your party size and cabin count.
- Summer shut down: Some companies in the Virgin Islands close for the entire month of September and potentially part of late August. This gives them time for much needed maintenance.
Inquire for Chartering in the Grenadines for Summer chartering.
Please review the yacht styles below.
Fill in the request form and we will respond quickly to your inquiry.
Motoryachts from 37 to 56 feet
- Motor Yachts Range in size from 40’ to 56’
- Accommodations from 2 couples to 4 couples.
- Fully air-conditioned throughout
- Price range: From $6680 to $9295 for the yacht (depends on the size and time of year) for 7 nights and 8 days
- Average price estimate for 3 cabins: $7500 for mid-season but always inquire about special offers.
Powercats from 37 to 52 feet
There are not too many Powercats offered for charter in the Virgin Islands. But they are great FUN!
- 4 Double Cabins with Full Queen Berths
- Full Width Swim Platform
- Air-Conditioning Throughout
- Spacious Fly-Bridge with Bimini
- Shaded Aft Deck Dining Area
- Lots of On Board Storage
- 2 Showers + Fwd Transom
- Superb Swim Platform with Sweep-down Sea Twin 20′ Fishing Outriggers (Fighting Chairs Available)
- Price range: From $9030 – $10,160 for the yacht (depends on the time of year) for 7 nights and 8 days
- Average price estimate for 3 cabins in Summer (July 1-Oct 31st): $9030
Catamarans From 36 to 60 feet
- Catamarans range in size from 38’ to 60’
- Accommodations range from 2 to 10 passengers
- Some offer air conditioning (seldom needed in the Virgin Islands)
- Price range: From $3600 to $9295 for the yacht (depends on the size and time of year) for 7 nights and 8 days.
- Average price estimate for 3 cabins: $5000 for mid-season but there are often special offers.
Monohull (Traditional Sailboats)
Note: This is the largest category of yachts for charter. There are many many options of size, age etc. Just ask.
- Size ranges from 31’ to 54’
- Accommodations range from 2 to 5 cabins
- Price range: From $1700 to $8500 for the yacht (depends on the size and the time of year) for 7 nights and 8 days
- Average price estimate for 3 cabins: $4100 for mid-season but there are often special offers.